Thursday, August 21, 2014

Start of bedroom remodel- The headboard

August! And I'm jazzed to share what I'm working on. We’re in the long process of remolding a bedroom we will move back into.
My love of mosaic compels me to incorporate it into this decorating endeavor, and so I did. For a Bohemian such as I ethically am, anything white screams to be painted, a jewel added or sparkled up in some way. I suppose like a white canvas is to a painter, a white wall or piece of furniture is to a Bohemian like myself, the need to jazz up.
Without further ado, the white bed frame we acquired, screamed for a makeover. Just how to make it over was my challenge. Without further ramblings, here's what I chose to do.

I chose to incorporate mosaic on this headboard in the squares. However,
a subject matter was my dilemma.
Using glass left over from my limited days in stained glass I have on hand & available, an idea was birthed.
 
Free form using random broken pieces to assemble the design




My husband's desire was to have a verse written on the headboard and footboard. We decided on Matthew 11:28-29





The start of a mosaic on the footboard. Using the colors of browns and creams, & to keep it simple, yet tie in and flow with the headboard design, I used random pieces again and stayed with a simple abstract design. We are happy with the result.

Footboard random abstract shapes. Basically going for colors to tie in with the headboard and not compete with subject on the headboard



We chose a popular verse
Amy Grant made popular from singing this verse Psalms 119:105
 
Let the grouting begin...


I made the grout a little thinner then I probably should have


However it worked fine. Only took quite a bit longer to dry enough to wipe off without to much removal of where the grout is supposed to be


Grouting is completed. My verdict is still out whether I like the beige color grout until the paper is removed and I see the final reveal

No comments:

Post a Comment